Tomato rice is a preferred Indian meal, simple to create and a fantastic lunch box treat. Few veggies choose the tomato along with bell pepper does. Here I provide a sattvik brown rice version.
Brown rice is a staple in my home yet guests have commonly not realized that they have actually had brown rice when offered this meal, due to the color and also taste. This would be a fantastic method to present whole rice right into dishes for those who wish to make the button from white rice.
For cooking directions of brown rice, see this post
Prep work time: Thirty Minutes, serves 4.
prepared Laxmi brand brown Basmati rice- 1 mug
Roma tomatoes- 3-4 (preferably not a very juicy variety).
bell pepper- 1/2.
icy peas- a handful.
eco-friendly chillies- 2.
curry leaves- a few.
tamarind paste- 1/3 tsp.
salt- to taste.
turmeric powder- a pinch.
asafoetida powder- a pinch.
bay fallen leave- 1.
cardamom powder- a pinch.
canola oil- 1 tablespoon. + 1 tsp.
* Chop bell pepper, tomatoes in little pieces and slit eco-friendly chilies lengthwise.
* In frying pan, warmth oil, add mustard seeds, cloves, bay fallen leave, cardamom powder. When the seeds pop include chilies, curry leaves, asafoetida.
* Include bell pepper, cook for a minute. Include tomatoes, peas, salt as well as turmeric powder and tamarind paste.
* Prepare on medium, uncovered, till most of the water evaporates.
* Fluff as well as cool the cooked brown rice and also mix lightly with the above tomato paste in addition to 1 tsp. of oil.
* Garnish with cilantro leaves as well as take pleasure in with yogurt or curry.
Official website:- http://www.top10cookingtips.com/
Internal Page:- http://www.top10cookingtips.com/best-rice-cooker-for-2016/